Saturday, January 31, 2009

How to be an extraordinary worker?

Hellew all.... i've had a crazy week at work, things at home are a bit sh*ty. Other than that all is good. Well, i got my TPM rating for 2008, this is when my line manager reviews & rates my performance at work for 2008 and this will determine how my bonus will be. i got an ok good rating and my line manager told me that i need to learn some new stuff this year which i could not last year. She also told me that i would have gotten a higher rating if i had learn that thing i was suppose to learn when i joined in the 3rd quarter of 2007. So for me to acheive that higher rating this year, i would have to be extraordinary at work. I repeat; E-X-T-R-A-O-R-D-I-N-A-R-Y... how the hell am i going to be an extraordinary worker? ok, i'm a bit blur so i googled it... i mean who knows right, someone might have put out a manual for dummies to be an extraordinary worker... hahahahh... sad to say i did not find the results i wanted, so if you know how to be an extraordinary worker, apart from taking on more tasks and responsibilities, please share with me... =D))

The were good comments, very encouraging and my manager's comments kept me grinning for at least a couple of hours at work because i want to really know what she meant when she wrote it. so here are the comments for u to judge. oh yeah, the comments are quoted word per word =P

"She has demonstrated a positive attitude. Well done and continue to support the challenging initiatives for 2009" - my line manager's comments

"Kel, you have always been cheerful & positive character which is your strength. You have coloured our team by your creative contributions, which we owe a big "Thank You" to. Blah Blah Blah (this part is work related). Great work in 2008!" - my manager's comments. In this context i am really curious as to how i coloured the team... Hmm~~ what do u think?

So yes, bonus... these comments affects the bonus. i got a good ok rating so i might get more than last year, hopefully, the bank was not making much muuunnnnney last year... so we are just anticipating. They keep telling us, it won't be as much as last year. To me something is better than nothing. hehehehhe... Anyways, i have planned to do something when i'm in S'pore. I actually hope i do go with it and i think i am prepared to do it... What is it u ask? Some may know, most may not. For now we will keep it a hush hush thing till it pops out in late March/early April. =D))

I went for a fish spa also, its about $15 for 30 mins. To me it made not much difference to my feet so i would probably have to go more often. I'm too lazy to post up pictures... heheheh =P After fish spa, i went for CNY house visiting, i only went to Amie's house... just hanged out for a bit and then we went to KTM to eat and then home. But then we went out so that i could pay some bills and to test my driving skills!!! I finally drove down my hill, i have yet to drive up it hehehhe and you know what?!? tomorrow will be my first time on the road without supervision!!! i have mixed feelings about this, and we will see what will happen tomorrow =D)) wish me luck ok! Bubyez!!!

"As long as I know my head's in the right place, my feet are on the ground, I think I'll be fine. "

No comments: